Honeybadger helps developers identify and debug errors & exceptions when they occur in the production so you can quickly decide whether to apply a hotfix or roll back changes.
You can also use Honeybadger for:
- Uptime monitoring – checking your sites & services externally from different locations in the world and notifying you if they're down
- Check-in monitoring – your services & cron jobs check in to Honeybadger and it notifies you if they go missing
Since Honeybadger is a monitoring service, it best works combined with deployment actions. You can, however, expand the pipeline to build and test your application before the delivery. The pipeline below represents an end-to-end delivery pipeline for a Node.js application—with an automatic notification to Honeybadger upon every release:
Integrating Buddy with Honeybadger
- Log in to Honeybadger and go to User Settings
Head to Authentication and copy your Honeybadger API Token:
- Go to the pipeline that you want to track in Buddy
- Click + at the end of the pipeline and select Honeybadger from Notifications.
A pop-up will appear. Enter the name of your Honeybadger account and paste the key:
When authenticated, select the project and fill the environment field (you can use Buddy parameters for that).
Click here for the full list of Buddy parameters
Congratulations! You have just successfully added Honeybadger to your delivery workflow.
Buddy is 100% customer driven. If there's a feature or integration you miss, let us know on the livechat or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.