June 7, 2017
Feature roadmap for June 2017
It's been a busy couple of months for the team at Buddy.
As you can learn from our weekly newsletter, we're doing our best to drop new features regularly, their priority always reflecting current demand from the community. Here's a few words on what we're working on at the moment, and what we're cooking for the months to come.
Sandboxes — this is the biggest thing since the introduction of builds over a year ago. In short, the Sandboxes allow you to run apps directly from Git repository without the need of setting up dev/stage servers.
A couple of weeks ago we launched a private beta for interested users. We also created a special Slack channel to gather feedback from the early adopters. Kudos to everyone sharing their opinion, you're awesome guys!
- Kubernetes integration – in the past month we've been working on this integration with a selected group of K8s users. The result are three actions: Apply K8s deployment config, Set K8s image, Run K8s job/pod. Please mind these actions will be extended over time.
In the next month we want to release the following features:
- Google Container Engine integration, allowing you to run Docker containers and jobs on the Google architecture.
- Docker Swarm integration, that will let you create, manage and deploy your applications in Docker Swarm.
Pipeline breakpoint – this feature will let you define breakpoints in the pipeline, for example you can create a pipeline that will:
- build the application on a push to the repository
- run integration tests in the next step
when the tests have passed, wait until approved
The decision to proceed (eg. deploy to the server) will be up to you, allowing you to create semi-automatic pipelines.
New Relic integration, allowing you to gather statistics on builds and deployments in your New Relic instance.
That's be all for a while. If you have any feature request of your own, make sure to drop it in the comments or directly to email@example.com – we read and respond to every single email.
Customer Success Manager