February 25, 2022
New action: Build multi-arch Docker image
This article was updated on September 7, 2022.
A while ago we introduced an option that expands the available architectures in the Docker build action. However, the option allowed building only one architecture per image. This week we release a new action that lets you build Docker images for multiple platforms at once.
What you need to know
If you want to build the images on Buddy On-Premises, you need to install QUEMU emulator on every worker of your instance first.
- The new action can be found in the Docker action roster:
- The action builds the image from the Dockerfile uploaded from the pipeline filesystem.
- You can select the desired target platform in the dropdown at the bottom:
Currently, the following Linux-based architectures are supported:
- amd64 - arm64 - arm/v7 - arm/v6
- The Options tab allows you to define the registry from which the base image will be pulled, as well as the target registry (if you want to push the image in the same step).
Buddy is 100% customer driven. If there’s a feature or integration you miss, let us know in the comments below or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Success Manager