March 17, 2022
Feature update: Auto-retry in actions
In response to user feedback, we've introduced a couple of improvements to the auto-retry mechanism in pipeline actions. Read below for a full breakdown of changes.
Auto-retry forces the action to run again on failure. The option is turned off by default and can be activated in the action settings:
Auto-retry location in the action settings
This is how the option worked before:
- the action was marked as 'failed' on the first unsuccessful try
- the interval between retries could only be set in minutes
- the actions in the 'On failure' section were run on each retry
This is how it works now:
- if the action fails, the event is noted in the action logs
- the action status remains 'in progress'
- delay time is now set in seconds (5400 seconds = 90 minutes max)
- only after the last retry proves unsuccessful (10 tries max), the action is marked as 'failed'
retry_interval(recommended) Use this new variable to define the interval between retries. The value are seconds.
retry_delay(deprecated) The old variable will supported for a finite time to keep your current scripts and settings working. The value are minutes.
Customer Success Manager