How to import existing work into Buddy?
Buddy allows you to import your web sites and repositories and in a few clicks: just select Import in the right columnd upon creating a new project with Buddy as your Git provider. Here are the options available:
- ZIP archive - files that haven’t been under version control, packed into a
tar.bz2archive. Buddy will reproduce the files and directories structure, so make sure that you don’t use unnecessary directories
- Web server - use this option if your web site is hosted somewhere else. Just provide authorization data for your FTP/FTPS/SFTP server and Buddy will download the code to the repistory. TIP: use exclude files for user generated content. Such type of files should not be versioned.
- GitHub - upon authorization, you’ll be able to import your private GH repositories
- Bitbucket - upon authorization, you’ll be able to import your private Bitbucket repositories
- External Git repository - select this option if the repo is hosted on a private server
- Subversion repository - if you have an SVN repo, Buddy will convert it into Git retaining the full structure
Once the import has finished, the contents of your repository will become available in the Code tab.
In case you had problems or questions about importing your stuff, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we’ll be happy to help.