What are pipeline trigger modes?
The trigger mode lets you specify on what condition your pipeline will be executed. There are three basic modes:
- Manual - the pipeline will only be launched on explicit demand. This is useful for Production servers where you don’t deploy too often.
- On every push - the pipeline will be executed on every push to the assigned branch. Choose this setting for Development servers where you always need to have the latest version of your project.
- Recurrently - recurrent executions are performed automatically on specified intervals. A useful setting for Stage servers to which you deploy on specific time, as well as pipelines with monitoring actions.
Each pipeline can be assigned to a branch, depending on its type:
- Specific branch - click this setting to choose the branch that will trigger the pipeline upon a push in automatic mode. This is also the branch from which the files will be deployed.
- None - choose this setting for actions that don’t require repository activity, eg. website monitoring.
- Wildcard pattern - the name pattern for branches that will trigger the execution. For example, if you have several branches starting with ‘dev’ (
dev*to run the pipeline upon a push to any of them. Files will be deployed from the branch to which the push was made.
* to trigger the automatic deployment upon a push to all branches in the project.