How to ignore specific files on deployment?
At times you may want to left out some files in your repository while making a deploy to the server, eg. SASS files that are compiled to CSS or a vintage Jenna Jameson movie that you're having problems parting with.
How to leave out files during a deploy to the server
- Go to Pipelines and click the name of the target pipeline
- Click Manage actions in the right column
- Select the action in which you want to leave out the files and click More options
- Go to Ignore paths and specify which files and directories you want to ignore
- Click the button to confirm changes
/config- excludes all files named config located in the ROOT directory
config/- excludes all directories named config together with their contents
/config/- excludes the directory named config located in the ROOT directory together with their contents
/dir/name*excludes all files starting with name in dir folder
test*excludes all files starting with test
test*/excludes all directories starting with test