How to add HipChat integration
Buddy can be easily integrated into your Atlassian suite, allowing you to keep your team up-to-date of every execution with HipChat notifications.
In order to add the integration, you need to generate a HipChat token and use it in the HipChat action in your Buddy account.
Generate HipChat token
- Log in to your HipChat account.
Open your Account settings:
Go to API access:
Add a new token with 2 scopes:
Add HipChat action
- Create a new project, select your Git provider and choose the repository with your project.
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and a branch that will trigger the execution.
Look up and click HipChat on the action list:
Configure action details:
- select the account (token) and target channel
- enter the message to send
Buddy uses environment variables to send detailed information about your executions.
- When ready, click Add this action to finish configuration
You can also add another action in the On failure section that will send a message in case something goes wrong (e.g. tests fail to pass).