How to automate Middleman deployments?
Buddy allows you to build, test and deploy Middleman sites on a single push to branch:
- Sign up at https://buddy.works/sign-up
Select the repository with your Middleman project:
Add and configure a new pipeline:
- enter the pipeline name
- set the trigger mode to ‘On every push’
- select the branch that will trigger the execution
Look up the Middleman action in the Builds section. Here you can:
- change the image version
- install missing apps, libs & tools in the Packages tab
- attach MySQL, Mongo, Selenium and other microservices in the Services tab
- Add and configure the transfer action to your server (eg. SFTP).
TIP: You can use environment variables to store sensitive data.
When done, your pipeline should look like this:
You can also add a notification to ‘Actions run on failure’ that will let you know when anything goes wrong
That’s it! From now on Buddy will automatically build and deploy your app on every push to the assigned branch.