Deploy to Google Compute Engine
If you are new to Buddy, check out our quickstart guides that will tell you how to build, test and deploy your type of application.
Buddy turns deployments into a breeze, allowing you to update your VMs in the Google Cloud on every push to branch. You can also deploy manually on click, or recurrently on time intervals.
Configure GCE deployment
- Create a new project, select your Git provider and choose the repository with your project
- Add a new pipeline and configure the details: name, trigger mode, and branch from which you want to deploy
- Look up and click Google Compute Engine on the action list
- Configure action details
- select authentication mode and provide the details to your server
If you are using build actions in your pipeline, make sure to select the Filesystem as the source to deploy artifacts and processed files.
- When ready, click Add this action to finish configuration.
Click the Test button to verify connection details before adding the action.
Buddy's deployment is based on changesets. This means only changed files are deployed, which makes it lightning fast ⚡️. The first deployment is always performed from scratch, unless you set a revision on the server beforehand.
What you need to know
- Select Repository as the Source to deploy only the files from your repository. If you use build actions, select Pipeline Filesystem as the Source to add artifacts, processed files & uploaded static files.
- You can use environment variables to store authentication details to your servers.
- You can use Ignore paths to exclude files for deployment in More Options.