Follow these steps to add Okta as the single sign-on provider for your workspace:
- Open Buddy SSO settings in one browser tab.
- In another tab, sign in to Okta and open the admin panel:
- Go to Applications and click Create App Integration:
- Select SAML 2.0:
- Set the application name and click Next.
- Configure the app using the data copied from Buddy SSO configuration:
- Single sign on URL → ACS / SP Assertion Consumer Service / Single Sign-On URL from Buddy
- Audience URI (SP Entity ID) → SP Entity ID / Audience URI from Buddy
Leave other settings at their default values.
- Click Next.
- On the next screen, select I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app and click Finish:
- On the application view click View Setup Instructions:
- Save the data required for SSO configuration in Buddy for later use: Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL, Identity Provider Issuer, and the certificate.
- Use the Assign dropdown menu to assign users to this app according to your needs:
Return to Buddy SSO settings tab and provide the information you copied from Okta:
- SSO URL / SAML Endpoint / Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL → Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL from Okta
- Issuer → Identity Provider Issuer
- Certificate → upload the Okta certificate you downloaded
- Signature / Digest Method → leave at
- Click Test the configuration and enable the SSO on success.
- Sign in to your Okta account to save the SSO configuration.