Follow these steps to add Google as the single sign-on provider for your workspace:
- Open Buddy SSO settings in one browser tab.
- In another tab, sign in to the Google Workspace admin panel as a user with administrative rights.
- Go to Apps → Web and mobile apps:
- Open the Add app dropdown menu and select Add custom SAML app:
- Fill in app details: name, description, and icon (optional). Click Continue:
- Save the data required for SSO configuration in Buddy for later use: SSO URL, Entity ID, and the certificate. Click Continue:
Fill in the form with the data copied from Buddy SSO configuration:
- ACS URL → ACS / SP Assertion Consumer Service / Single Sign-On from Buddy
- Entity ID → SP Entity ID / Audience URI from Buddy
- Name ID format → set to
- Name ID → set to
Basic information > Primary email
- In the Attribute mapping step, don't add any mappings. Click Finish.
- From the Apps menu, select the app you created, go to User access and assign permissions according to your needs:
Return to Buddy's SSO settings tab and provide the information you copied from the Google admin panel:
- SSO URL / SAML Endpoint / Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL → SSO URL from Google
- Issuer → Entity URL from Google
- Certificate → upload the Google certificate you downloaded
- Signature / Digest Method → leave at
- Click Test the configuration and enable the SSO on success.
- Sign in to your Google account to save the SSO configuration.